What you believe about yourself is just as important to your success as your skills and talents. Are you overvaluing or undervaluing your abilities?
In today’s podcast we look at the Dunning-Kruger Effect and how having Superiority Illusion can hurt you.
We review the seven behaviors which help you to discover your Purpose:
- Quiet Time
- Step outside your comfort zone every day
- Surround yourself with people you admire
- Weed negative people and negative thoughts out of your life
- Stop lying to yourself – No more excuses
- Never stop learning
- Become an aggressive goal setter
We examine how to study yourself to discover where you might be over or under valuing your abilities and talents. Finally, we lay out a plan for how to apply metrics to your core competencies, which allows you to gather data to demonstrate where you measure up or fall short.